Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Trashy Photography

– The Most Evil Substance –
L A Promotional Design & Photography
CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO SEE IT LARGER

According to the US Energy Information Administration:  In 2010 (the most recent year for this data) about 191 million barrels of LPG (liquid petroleum gases) and NGL (natural gas liquids) were used in the United States alone to make plastic products.


I couldn't wait to see my first Octopus in Hawai'ian waters, but I didn't think it would be like this.  
As I was doing my almost-daily coastal cleanup I came across another carelessly tossed plastic cup, but this one was worse than usual.  Maybe this poor baby mistakenly used it for protection, but it eventually washed up on shore with him trapped inside.  
I was too late to save him, and that still makes me so sad – 
he is just one of  thousands of unfortunate ocean creatures stuck in humanity's mess.





No comments:

Post a Comment